Home > Genealogy Links ~ ~ ~ Explore Cool Ancestry Techniques!
This page is devoted to Web pages that provide the following information regarding Ancestry Research and Genealogy Enthusiasts such as myself.
DNA Testing Kits:
- 23andMe Kit – includes all 3 types of tests.
- Ancestry.com Kit – has the Autosomal DNA test available.
- Family Tree DNA – provides all sorts of tests that include the main three types and variations on those as well.
- NatGeo Kit – includes all 3 types of tests direct paternal (YDNA) direct maternal (mtDNA) and ethnic admixture (Autosomal), useful for deep ancestral origins.
Genealogical Research Websites:
- Ancestry.com – www.Ancestry.com
A subscription-based service that contains the largest online genealogy database.
- FamilySearch.org – https://familysearch.org/
A free service provided by the LDS church.
- FindaGrave.com – http://www.findagrave.com/
Search online memorials for free.
- MyHeritage.com – www.myheritage.com/Ancestry
A subscription-based service.
- National Archives –http://www.archives.gov/research/genealogy/index.html
Free online resources for genealogy research.
- RootsWeb.com – http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/
A free service that has been around for awhile provided by the Ancestry.com community.
- The US GenWeb Project – http://usgenweb.org/
A free site run by voluteers it provides access to a lot of state resources.
Online Lists of Genealogical Sites:
- Cyndi’s List – http://www.cyndislist.com/
A huge index of links that aims to add any link found online for genealogy research that has been around since 1996 with cross-referenced categories.
- Top 10 Free Genealogy Websites to Find Ancestors – http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-10-free-genealogy-websites-to-find-ancestors/
A list of the top 10 free sites compiled by Ryan Dube on his MakeUseOf site.